The Voyage Ahead

I've given up blogging about my life. There are just too many temptations to glorify the good parts and hide the bad and therefore create false impressions of who I am. Worst of all, one so weak as I gets easily tempted to live in the minds of others, basking in their comments, delighting in their praise. So this isn't about me. But I can't stop writing. So I write about what I love: books.

The desire to write has been a part of me since age four, which is also the age I started reading. (scratch that.... DEVOURING) books. I don't think there's a such thing as an expert in books since the writing and reading world is so rich and varied and infinite. But I am always and everywhere discovering new gems. And children's books are something about which I'm very passionate. The whole world can be opened up to a child by simply offering them a warm lap, and a well written, beautifully illustrated adventure to share. I'd like to think I've developed a taste and recognition for those things which are good, noble, beautiful and true and I hope to pass these on to my own children.

This is what I want to write about. And while I of course, think I have superb taste in children's literature, you are free to take my opinions with a bucket of salt... since that which delights one mind may find nothing but wrinkles in another. Still, I hope you discover in this blog a new title or author or idea which sparks your imagination. To encourage a love of reading in a child is nothing short of offering them a key to the universe.



"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
-Roald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...