The Glorious ABC


If you haven't surmised by now, I have a thing for alphabet books.  I also have a thing for Christmas books and wordless books and certainly other categories as well... but I really have a thing for alphabet books.  In fact, I probably need to make another top ten list because the first TWO lists weren't enough!!! Just the challenge of finding a great theme and being able to execute each page of the book well... it takes skill and the thrill of the puzzle is what delights me.

Cooper Edens is a special sort of author/illustrator.  He is best known for his "horizontal storytelling" where the reader solves the string of "problems"... as can be seen in one of my very favorite gift-giving books (for people of ALL ages): If You're Afraid of the Dark, Remember the Night Rainbow.

Well Edens thought it would be special to make a hall-of-fame picture book... one that celebrates many of the fantastic illustrators of picture book past and does a blessed fine job of it.


The Glorious ABC is a lovely diversion in picture book time travel. I had such a delightful time going through this book... and I wondered about how much fun it would be to come up with my own picture book titles "Hall of Fame" for each letter of the alphabet.  Possible I'm sure... and so many possibilities!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...