This Is My Favorite Bird Book...

... for toddlers that is.  See there are a million and one fantastic picture books on birds, be they educational or purely for pleasure. (Ooh, sounds like a Top Ten list is in order soon!) But I really, really love this very simple one by Kevin Henkes titled Birds.



This must be the third time we've picked it up from the library now; I really should just get over myself and buy it already.  I read it today to my near three year old daughter and five year old son and we loved it again.  Our favorite part is when the tree yells "SURPRISE!!!"  Get the book, you'll know what I'm talking about.  :o)

"Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind. Listen to the birds. 
And don't hate nobody."
-Eubie Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...