Mythology and More

Here is a bright post from a bright young lady who I am happy to know personally. Seems I can't get enough of the fairy tale topic lately. In her post, she references Psyche and Pandora; incidentally, I'm currently on a manhunt for excellent illustrated myths. I have read several and I currently have several more ordered at the local library to preview before giving glowing recommendations. But in the meantime, I did create an Amazon listmania list on this very topic. Most of the books on that list, I've read and loved... a few still need to be seen in person yet. But nothing at the outset leads me to believe there would be anything objectionable in them. So I created the list as a running reminder for myself to check them out and to guide others in finding excellent mythological picture books.

I expect to get more into the topic of mythology on here at a later time.

"For Mythology is the handmaid of literature; and literature is one of the best allies of virtue and promoters of happiness." 
                                                     -Thomas Bullfinch

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mrs. Peck. :) Awesome quote!
    I love your list- many on there I've read, but I think "Arachne Speaks" is my favorite.
    I realize that your guys are still a little young for these, but you may want to check out the book "The Shadow of the Bear" by Regina Doman. Fantastic book. Beautifully written (by an orthodox, Catholic author) and it's a modern re-telling of the fairy tale Snow White and Rose Red. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...