Maps


I have a love-hate relationship with children's atlases.  They are useful for referencing of course, but all my imaginings of earnest children poring over this information with wide eyes of incredulity and wonder... have come to nought.  Still, I have some sort of fascination with maps of all sorts and just assumed I'd satisfy that idiosyncrasy with adult pictures, maps and images.

Until now. If you haven't seen it yet, Maps is a phenomenal and useful and drastically interesting reference book by someone with a heart of whimsy.  Give it to a child on the beginning of a road trip and see what happens.  It's large, detailed and delightful eye candy. It's wonderful.  Because of their resounding success, the authors have also developed an activity companion book!




2 comments:

  1. I checked this out of the library, but am afraid I just couldn't get past the pictures for Kansas - a dumpy motor home and corn. We don't even grow corn here; it's wheat! Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Oh my goodness, I guess I didn't check each page for accuracy... was so impressed with jut the fun art of it! Well, good to know that little blemish (wonder now about others...). Sorry all the Kansans (?) we're misrepresented, too bad...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...